The Owner’s Responsibilities Include:
- Purchasing the lot; for example, the Palm Haus Model is designed to fit on a normal city lot size. It is 44’ wide and 57’ long, so check your local set back codes. It can be made longer or wider if you have the room.
- Delivery-installation costs.
- Hiring a General Contractor to pull the site permits.
- Building the foundation with guidelines from Green Dwellings.
- Connecting the electric panel to the grid; the house is fully wired and inspected by the State of Florida at the factory with a seal on the 200 Amp Box.
- Connecting the plumbing to the sewer line; the house comes fully plumbed.
- Options such as swimming pools, landscaping and garage are the responsibility of the home owner.
- Get a survey and Geotech study of the soil on your lot.